The VM1600 Modular Matrix Switch offers advanced access and real-time control of multiple local and remote A/V input devices and displays from a single chassis. The VM1600 allows users to independently switch and route video and/or audio content directly to various monitors, displays, projectors and/or speakers simply by pressing front panel pushbuttons. A built-in Scaler encodes the video format in order to provide seamless, real-time switching. The front panel LCD shows a quick view of active port connections, with an option to select an EDID Mode that yields the best resolution across different monitors.
VM1600 is easily expandable and accommodates a lineup of hot-swappable ATEN I/O boards. Equipped with automatic signal conversion, it allows any combination of digital video formats, such as, HDBaseT (VM7514 / VM8514), HDMI (VM7804 / VM8804), DVI (VM7604 / VM8604), 3G-SDI (VM7404) and VGA (VM7104), thus making it ideal for large-scale A/V applications such as broadcasting stations, traffic and transportation-related control rooms, emergency service centers and any application that requires customizable high speed A/V signal routing.
- Connects any of 16 video sources to any of 16 displays in combination with ATEN Modular Matrix I/O Boards
- Multiple means for system configuration including front-panel pushbuttons, RS-232/422/485 control, and Ethernet connections for web GUI or Telnet
- 4K resolutions – up to UHD (3840 x 2160) and DCI (4096 x 2160) with refresh rates of 30 Hz (4:4:4) and 60 Hz (4:2:0)*
- Seamless Switch™ – features close-to-zero second switching for continuous video streams, real-time switching, and stable signal transmissions*
- Scaler – features a (4K) video scaling function to convert input resolutions to the display’s native resolutions*
- Video wall – allows you to create custom video wall layouts via intuitive web GUI*
- EDID Expert – selects optimum EDID settings for smooth power-up, high-quality display, and use of the best resolutions across different screens
- Audio-enabled – HDMI audio can be extracted and stereo audio can be embedded*
- Bi-directional RS-232 channel – allows you to control the connected serial devices simultaneously through the web GUI
- Supports redundant power module for higher reliability
- Hot-swappable design for easy integration of I/O boards, fan module, and power supplies
- HDCP 2.2 Compatible*
- HDMI: 3D, Deep Color, 4K*
- Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) supported*
- ESD protection for HDMI
- Rack mountable (6U design)
1. The availability of the features with “*” depends on which I/O board is inserted.
2. When Seamless Switch™ is enabled, 3D, Deep Color, or interlace (i.e., 1080i) formats will not be supported. To use these formats, make sure to disable Seamless Switch™.
3. Videos may not display within range when Seamless Switch™ or Video Wall is enabled, in which case please adjust the display settings on your device.